PROVEN EFFICACY, PROVEN SAFETY
With Liposonix, the simple promise of one treatment, one hour, one size has been backed by clinical studies.* Plus, Liposonix lives up to its promise in the real world of patient perception. When surveyed, 93.1% of Liposonix patients reported improvement in the flatness of their abdomen – without major discomfort or adverse side effects1.
Side Effects and Patient Comfort
For most physicians and their patients, safety and comfort during and after treatment are factors as important as treatment efficacy. In addition, patient discomfort (pain) during and after clinical study treatments was generally reported as mild:
- During treatment: discomfort described as pain, cold, prickling, tingling, or warmth, generally described as mild.
- Post-treatment: side effects included mild discomfort, pain, ecchymosis, erythema, and edema, generally described as mild.
- The use of any patient comfort technique during treatment with the Liposonix system is at the physician’s discretion, based on an objective medical assessment of each individual patient.
Safety – Blood Analysis
Because Liposonix works in tandem with the body's natural waste-processing functions, extensive blood labs were completed and evaluated for more than 200 subjects at varying time points – days 1–7 and weeks 2, 4, 8, 12, and 24 after treatment. Overall, no clinically significant changes were seen after treatment.
Important Safety Information
The Liposonix system is for use when there is at least 1.0 cm of subcutaneous adipose tissue beyond the system’s focal treatment depth in the treatment area. Most frequently reported side effects during Liposonix treatment are discomfort, pain, cold, prickling, tingling, or warmth. Treatment is contraindicated for patients who are pregnant or suspected to be pregnant. The most frequently reported side effects after Liposonix treatment are pain (discomfort), bruising, redness, and swelling, which are generally described (or rated) as mild.
Indications For Use
The Liposonix system delivers high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) energy that can disrupt subcutaneous adipose tissue (SAT) to provide a non-invasive approach to body contouring to achieve a desired aesthetic effect. Indications may vary from country to country:
- US: Indicated for non-invasive waist circumference reduction (i.e., abdomen and flanks).
- EU: Indicated for trunk and lower extremities excluding the lower leg (i.e., abdomen, flanks, hips, thighs and buttocks).
- Canada: Indicated for abdomen, flanks, hips, thighs and buttocks.
*Average waistline reduction is 1 inch or 2.5 cm. Office visit time and individual results may vary. Results typically seen in 8 to 12 weeks. Not a replacement for liposuction surgery or a healthy lifestyle, or a way to lose weight. P-0003, P-OUS, CDN-01.2008. Data on file.
1- P-0003, P-OUS. Data on file.